Saturday, September 1, 2012

Why does no one mention the word SIN anymore?

I have been a follower of Jesus Christ for over twenty five years and have been attending a Christian church for nearly forty years and one of the things that I have noticed in the past several  years is the fact that no one likes to mention the word SIN anymore.   Have you noticed that most people rather talk about having a "problem" instead of saying they have SIN in their life.  I believe that the reason people in the Church and preachers in particular have moved away from this is because they are afraid that if they mention the word SIN to someone who is actually practicing it they will offend that person more than allow the Holy Spirit to move and bring conviction to that same person.  

I know that recently I had a conversation with a person whom I believe was convicted of some things that I was talking about and it brought about a noticeable change in how they felt towards me.  At first I felt bad about the way they were feeling but the more I prayed and thought about it I realized that what I had done was to allow God's presence to bring the necessary conviction and if that causes that person to walk away from me because of that, than so be it.  I am not here to be a man pleaser but to be one who represents the Lord of Hosts.  It is time that the Church of Jesus Christ needs to take up her cross and follow Christ and preach righteousness, which means SIN has to be identified for what it is so that those whom are perishing can recognize the difference.  Church  let us be light in a dark place and let us call SIN for what it is, something that must shunned so that the life of God can be manifested not only in our lives but in society and the world as well.  Please join me in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment