Saturday, October 7, 2017

Arm of the Flesh versus being Led by the Holy Spirit

As I have walked with the Lord during my new venture into the Southern part of our nation God has been speaking to me about my current job and how I took it as result of fear and not trusting in Him to provide for me and my family.   This is called the arm of the flesh because it is when someone tries to do it their own way instead of the way God intends.  In my current position I have been cut off from spending the proper time connecting with the people God wants me to be connected with.  I have been working long hours which does not  allow me to spend time I need with those God called me to.  I have been isolated from people contact which is one of the main things that I  know I am need to have so I can continue my marketplace ministry.  I have found the work to be drudgery.  This is when you know you have made a wrong turn.

I feel like  Jonah when  he was called to go to Nineveh.  When he got the call he did not embrace it but ran away from it.  I received a call from  God  to  come to where I currently reside, but instead of waiting on the Lord I got out in front of Him and now I am wrestling with the consequences of my decision. I have spoken to the Lord and have repented for my mistake.  Much like David did in Psalms 51, where he confesses his sin in  regards to Bathsheba, so I have poured out my heart to God about where I am at.  I know that He heard my cry and now I have to reset myself and wait upon Him to show me where to go next.  To often we as believers get excited about what God has spoken to us and we do have a tendency of running out in front of Him.   Then we must suffer the consequences of that action.  God is merciful.  I have been given another chance.  Walking by the Spirit is not easy.  It is the best way for all of us, but we do  have a tendency of  listening to  others  and their opinions before going to God with the issue at hand.

I believe that I will get to  where God wants me but it may be delayed because of my decision that was made in the arm of the flesh.  Much like Abraham and Sarah did when trying to get a son for an heir another way than what  God intended they ended up creating an Ishmael.  Ishmael will rob you of your intended future.  Keep the number of  Ishmael's you generate to a minimum and you will know that you are being led  by God's Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment